You are here
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
About Our Client
Our client is a growing retailer.
The Warehouse and Logistics manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, and organization of the distribution and storage of materials and products. This positions primary task is to monitor the arrangement and shipping of products and goods from Production Distribution Centres (PDCs), vendors and customers. The warehouse and logistics manager's role within logistic involves inventory control, transportation, warehousing, and ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the cost, quality, quantity and efficiency of the storage and movement of goods.
- Analyzing information to monitor plan performance improvements, product and goods demand.
- Managing and allocating staff resources accordant with changing needs
- Collaborating with internal departments to ensure proper work load.
- Managing and allocating employee and financial resources
- Arbitrating and negotiating with supplies and customers
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the cost, quality, quantity, and good efficiency of the storage and movement of goods.
- Analyzing information to monitor plan performance improvements and product and goods demand.
- Managing and allocating staff resources accordant with changing needs.
- Managing and allocating employee and financial resources.
- Understanding of seasonal activity and plan/forecast inventory movements including returns from stores, off site storage and warehouse capacity.
- Implementing and supporting programs and policies of organization.
- Analyzing logistical problems, developing new solutions and increasing business growth efficiently
- Maintain/Create standard operating procedures.
- Negotiating with warehouse operators, insurance company representatives, and carrier for preferential rates and services.
- Implementing safety and health procedures.
- Monitor logistics network and work with 3rd party providers to ensure on time delivery.
- Maintain compliance with freight and shipping guidelines in accordance with company and government policies.
- Evaluating the inventory costs and freight costs associated with transportation to ensure appropriate costs.
- Maintain proper security and good housekeeping of both premises and stock.
- Ensure clear reporting to senior management on the DC's productivity, Inventory and inbound/outbound logistics.
- Effectively manage and develop subordinate staff, providing for coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining a culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate intimately with others.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- Should motivate Distribution Staff members
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Should have sturdy problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Ability to lead and influence employees.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations or other related field
- 8-10 years of experience in a distribution centre, 2-3 years of experience in a distribution centre managerial roles
- Membership in a recognized logistics/warehouse organization preferred
- Ability to multitask and operate in a changing environment
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of storage, order picking/packing and shipping techniques
- Ability to delegate duties
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package.