You are here
VP Sales - Mining and Construction Drilling Technology
Vice President of Sales - Canada
Drilling Technology for the Mining and Construction Industries
About Our Client
Our client is pioneering an entirely new category of drill alignment technology. They have over 70% market share in Australia and are now expanding their proven technology offering to the North American market. Our client's technology focuses on providing drilling contractors with the ability to quickly and accurately orientate a drilling rig in above-ground and sub-surface environments. Currently their leading edge technology is applied primarily in the mining and construction industries. Their proprietary solution has a clear ROI that is underpinned by its proven ability to reduce the steps involved in the drilling process, reduce the need for skilled labor on-site, and an ability to guarantee accuracy in the drilling process. The business has partnered with two leaded private-equity groups that are supporting their aggressive North American growth plans.
Our client has partnered with Michael Page to recruit a Vice President of Sales to take ownership of the Canadian division's commercial effort. They are seeking to recruit an experienced business development professional with a strong track record of b2b sales in the mining and construction industries. Specific roles & responsibilities include:
- Uncover and map key decision makers in drilling contractor and mining company organizations
- Uncover and relay market information to internal operational leadership team
- Strategically map and build channels to market within Canada
- Leverage a strong technical background in the drilling, mining or construction industries to provide a solution-focused sale that clearly communicates ROI to the customer
- Tenaciously pursue and qualify opportunities throughout Canada. Introduce a new product to the mining market and secure buy-in and customer commitment
- Drive awareness for a new technology offering. Communicate real-time market feedback to internal stakeholders to continually improve and expand our client's competitive position in the market.
- Attend and coordinate lunch & learns presentations and industry trade shows
The Successful Applicant
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years' b2b sales experience (ideal focus on mining equipment or technology)
- Technical knowledge and experience in the drilling and mining industry
- Must be comfortable presenting technically-heavy presentations to sr. level clients with an ability to clearly communicate ROI
- Must be well-networked with current decision makers in mining owner/operator and drilling contractor organizations
- Must be a hunter-type sales professional with proven success generating business and closing deals. Must be a closer
- Ideal candidate has a balanced background of technically-focused and commercially-focused roles. Must have technical credibility and the soft skills that are common to b2b sales
- Proven ability to work autonomously to drive sales and increase product awareness. Self-driven hunter-type sales professionals with a "sense of urgency" is ideal.
What's on Offer
Our client provides an exciting executive-level sales opportunity that includes a competitive base salary including a rewarding variable compensation program based off of gross revenue. In addition, comprehensive benefits, RRSP programs and professional development assistance programs are provided. Lastly, this is an opportunity to join a growing business with ambition growth plans.