You are here
Our client, a manufacturing company is looking for a Transportation Coordinator
About Our Client
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible to plan and manage deliveries to customers once the paper is produced at the mills, ensuring on time shipments from the Kruger's production sites. The incumbent recommends alternatives when issues are encountered, keeping with the objective of delivering to the customers' requirements at the lowest possible cost.
The incumbent coordinates all modes of transport leaving the mills in the most efficient way while making sure we achieve on-time delivery to our customers. He/She ensures the equipment is available on time for loading, coordinates with the Customer Service Representatives (CSR) to meet delivery appointments and provides feedback to the mills and carriers.
The incumbent is the main point of contact for day-to-day transportation tasks, working with the carriers, the customs brokers, the CSRs, the mills, and the Sales personnel. He/She resolves in-transit transportation problems like re-directing loads, documentation issues and others, as required.
The Transportation Coordinator updates the fuel surcharge matrix, analyzes and approves extra charges when they are needed and requests ad-hoc rates for special one-time deliveries.
The incumbent is mainly responsible for the transportation coordination for one of our manufacturing site. He/She also provides support to the Claim Analyst, by investigating, verifying and processing claims from customers. The incumbent acts as a back-up resource for the Claim Analyst for replacement purposes or on a required basis. The position also provides analysis and reports for the sales administration management team.
The incumbent takes initiative and proposes solutions to improve our current processes when reoccurring transportation issues arise. He/She is also responsible for creating and maintaining the standard operating procedures up-to-date.
The incumbent assists the Transportation Manager on various projects, as needed.
- Ensure equipment is available at the mill 24-48 hours prior to expected ship date
- Coordinate with the mill shipping department daily priorities
- Coordinate shipments from the mill extended inventory (local warehouses)
- Process customer claims, in collaboration with the Claim Analyst
- Troubleshoot and take action of any transportation issues as they arise
- Keep up to date with all activities related to transportation.
Assist our customs broker when documentation is needed
The Successful Applicant
- College degree or equivalent experience; studies in the transportation field is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of transportation experience in a manufacturing environment (Trucks, containers, Intermodal).
- Knowledge/experience in marine transportation (an asset)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good ability to organize, prioritize and track multiple files
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Proficient in the Microsoft office software suite;
- Knowledge of JDEdwards or in any ERP system (an asset)
- Bilingual, both oral and written (English and French)
What's on Offer