You are here
Technical Specialist - Cisco UCS
Financial Services Technology
About Our Client
Leading Financial Institution.
- Responsible for Day-to-Day support of Cisco hardware farms
- Build, Configure and administer production and development servers
- Provide technical assistance to development and production application teams.
- Provide on-call support for critical systems and applications;
- Evaluate, Implement and maintain new projects and solutions;
- Investigate and trouble shoot critical technical problems;
- Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information;
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 6 years of IT operations support experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or other related field;
- Strong working knowledge of networks, NXOS, and storage networking protocols (FC, NFS, iSCSI, SMB)
- Hands-on experience with hardware systems (preferred Cisco UCS)
- Fast learner to new technologies and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to dynamic environment timelines
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server OS, VMware and Red Hat Linux
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting, power shell and VMware CLI
- Deploy and administer high availability and contingency solutions (On -site failover, clustering and replication to off-site systems);
- Strong knowledge of SAN Storage support for Windows and VMware
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills, including systems, business analysis, risk analysis, conflict resolution, as well as sound judgment/decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated understanding of system security best practices;
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package.