You are here
CA$130,000 - CA$150,000
- Sr. Estimator - General Contractor
- Sr. Estimator - ICI Construction/New Build
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known Toronto-Based General Contractor. Due to continued growth and increased project volume, they are looking to add an experienced Sr. Estimator to the team and be groomed for a Chief Estimator position.
- Develop estimates for hard bids, i.e.: develop a thorough understanding of drawings & specifications and provide analysis (pursuing assistance when necessary); prepare bidders' invitations; monitor feedback; issue and track RFIs; review and distribute addendums; identify "own forces" work and complete labour & materials tack-offs; ensure multiple trade/supplier bids for each package; identify exclusions in submitted bids & allocate budgets; carry out periodic reviews of estimate with project lead or department manager prior to submission; pursue bid submission and prepare checklist for documentation; follow up on submissions; advise on cost risk areas; and prepare turnover summaries for successful projects.
- Develop detailed scopes of work based on drawing and specifications review, to ensure the tendering process is valid and solid decisions can be concluded when awarding contracts.
- Prepare preliminary & conceptual budgets for design build and construction management projects, with use of historical data, cost database, industry cost data, and trade/supplier input.
- Monitor, track and document evolution of preliminary budgets into final construction budgets, ensuring a clear audit trail to original budget.
- Provide value engineering input and participate in construction reviews with feedback on costs of construction methods.
- Provide estimating support to construction teams with additional trade/supplier pricing, ensure clarity in trade/supplier scope of work, and review details of quotes and budgets.
- Monitor industry for changes to materials & labour costs by comparing historical data and tracking notices of increases/decreases.
- Keep construction teams current on cost fluctuations through continuous communication.
The Successful Applicant
- Commitment to our organization's progressive culture, including our company Core Values.
- Minimum 7 years of estimating experience in ICI sectors.
- Technology Diploma in Construction Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience.
- PQS and CEC Designations, or work towards their completion.
- Strong understanding of construction contracts, scheduling and scope of work development and the tendering process for all phases of a construction project.
- Strong, ethical negotiation methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Project, Voloview and/or AutoCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the project management team.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Valid class G driver's licence, for site visits and out-of-office meetings requiring travel.
What's on Offer
- Offer is commensurate with experience