You are here
Sr. Data Engineer
Financial Services Technology
About Our Client
Leading Global Financial Institution.
You will be working on building new tools and capability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
The Sr. Data Engineer will identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage data properly, and take a leading role in project-based initiatives to drive innovation and digital transformation.
You will be working closely with the business lines, data scientists and other stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering using Java, Spark and Scala.
- Experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data ecosystem tools such as Hive, Sqoop and Spark; and experience with NoSQL databases (Hbase as an example) would be an asset
- Programming skills in R or Python would be an asset
- Experience with UNIX tools and shell scripting
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase)
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package.