You are here
CA$180,000 - CA$200,000
About Our Client
- Our client is a reputable General Contractor in the GTA who is looking for a Senior-level Site Superintendent
- Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
The Successful Applicant
- 10 -15 years' construction related experience with at least 5 years' experience supervising large projects in the 20-40$ million range
- Highly competent with self-performed formwork and concrete
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Ability to effectively manage an hourly workforce and sub-trades
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience