You are here
Site Superintendent - Retail/Commercial/Residential
About Our Client
Reporting directly to the Project Director, the Site Superintendent is responsible for all field operations required to construct the project which includes overseeing all on-site construction activities, ensuring that project plans and schedule are followed, and that project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Create, maintain and execute the project plan and schedule and ensure compliance with budget.
- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities.
- Supervise, direct, coach and train Assistant Superintendents, Coordinators, hourly Foreman and hourly staff assigned to project.
- Create site specific plans and procedures; ensure the implementation of the Site-Specific Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project quality standards and design requirements.
- Assist with obtaining necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors & municipal/provincial authorities.
- Resolve and advise senior management of potential problems, work interference or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Maintain the project's Daily Job Diary.
Other duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Post-secondary degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' progressive construction related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job.
- Experience applying basic engineering principles to construction challenges.
- Able to visualize the entire project and anticipate construction issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
- Ability to visualize and create the project schedules critical path.
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency.
- Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility.
- Understands when to seek out professional advice.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook, Project etc.)
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Experience working for Large General Contractors.
- Supervisor Competency Certificate & Updated Basics of Fall Protection.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Growth Opportunity
- Large Project Pipeline