You are here
Senior Project Manager
Work for a Leading Condo Developer
Excellent Career Growth Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an established and leading developer in the Toronto Condominium market dedicated to high rise building projects. Due to current growth, the organization is looking to secure a seasoned Project Manager to join their team in a long term capacity.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will be responsible for supervision of third party construction management companies for residential projects within the GTA that are in the active construction stage. The SPM will liaise with external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design, and will lead the team of consultants to ensure feasibility and costing of projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising between the construction management company and the consultant team
- Approval of bidders' lists, supervising tendering, making recommendations to ownership for the award of sub contracts.
- Supervision of consultants during various stages of design, development and construction, ensuring design and drawings are fully coordinated.
- Assist in selection, negotiation of terms and engagement of consultants for various development mandates
- Review and approval of notices of change to project design, budget and schedules
- Assist in evaluation of new projects
- Lead value engineering efforts when required
- Ensure contracts are executed on the company's form for various contracts and ensure that consultants and construction manager follow the firm's approved processes.
- Have an understanding of costs and budgets and an appreciation for how decisions being made early on in the process impact cost later.
- Work to find creative alternative solutions for designs, materials and processes.
- Direct responsibility for submission and collection of building permits.
- Assist development team (including planning consultants and lawyers) during planning stage of project and have direct oversight of consultants with respect to technical construction related matters during the planning stage.
- Preparation of landlord and tenant work schedules for retail or office leases and vetting of those leases
- Coordination of activities related to development agreements, site plan agreements, Section 37 agreements (occupancy permits, registration etc.)
- Assist Leasing with proposal documents for prospective tenants in respect of construction matters
- Approval of all project related invoices pertaining to consultants and construction
- Oversight of development of scope of work
- TTC, and utility company clearances for permit releases
- Working with development team to obtain registration of residential condominium corporations
- Always strive to maintain project budgets and schedule.
- Act as the main stakeholder ensuring consultants and construction manager are always working towards the same goal in a timely fashion.
- Manage internal and external project teams.
- Educate younger team members and foster their growth.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Over 10 years of experience in the local construction/development industry.
- A strong knowledge of trades, contractors and consultants.
- Work well under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Have exceptional inter-personal and communication skills.
- Be highly organized with an ability to focus on attention to detail.
- Completion of a construction, Building Technology Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related building codes
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form and with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including bonus, benefits, and vacation.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.