You are here
Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Infrastructure, Engineering, Network Storage
About Our Client
Our client, a well-known Financial Services organziation is currently looking for a Senior resource to lead their Infrastructure Engineering department.
Analyse System Requirements
- Analyse existing Infrastructure systems to ensure they are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
- Based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems' needs, the Infrastructure Lead may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals.
Lead Design and Review of New Systems
- Lead the design and review processes for new Infrastructure systems.
Plan for Integration
- Lead in the creation of detailed plans/approaches for the integration of new systems into existing infrastructure design/ architecture. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Lead provides technical direction and support.
- Leads technology innovation - Implements improved technical solutions. Designs and implements innovative solutions to advance business opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Actively seeks, provides or coordinates internal or external training for ETS IT employees. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and mentors system engineers on
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- 5 + years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructures running various Computer, Network & Storage ecosystems
- 5 + years of experience with Enterprise Storage Area Networks (HDS and EMC)
- Strong knowledge of common IT organizational functions, inter-relations and dependencies
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- TOGAF certification preferred
5 + years of experience with the following technologies:
- Data Centre Technologies: Microsoft AD, DNS, IIS and Windows Server, Linux Server, Data protection & replication solutions (CommVault), Enterprise storage (Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, PureStorage, Nutanix, etc.), Virtualization & cloud (VMware, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc.), Disaster Recovery (DR) systems
- Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices - Cisco Routers, Communication Gateways, Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Network Firewalls (CheckPoint, Juniper), QRADAR security appliances.
- Hardware: Cisco switching, IBM iSeries, NetApp, EMC, PureStorage, Isilon and Hitachi SAN, Brocade & Cisco SAN switch, Dell server & Dell blade server infrastructure
What's on Offer