You are here
Senior Fund Accountant
Work for a leading Canadian banking institution.
You will be joining an experienced team with plenty of support and mentor-ship
About Our Client
Leading Canadian banking institution. You will be joining an experienced team with plenty of support and mentor-ship to allow you to develop your skills.
- Prepare the Net Asset Value (NAV) for funds
- Ensure all required data for producing the NAV are available and quality ensured
- Analyze & reconcile the general ledger to sub-ledger and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Calculate Performance fees & investigate, document and escalate issues.
- Minimize errors by ensuring established standards, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Prepare the calculation of year-end distributions of income, capital gains and related tax issues
- Deliver quality customer service through timely and accurate report delivery
- Maintain client reports in an organized manner and ensure all daily valuations reports are accounted for.
- Be proactive in your approach and anticipate problems.
- You will be a clear communicator and someone who can work through complex situations.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated (i.e. Accounting- business- economics)
- Designated Accountant
- Securities industry knowledge
- 4 years+ experience
- Investment accounting experience - working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Strong computer skills, and specifically for Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding calculating Net Asset Value, preparing financial statements
- Canadian Securities course (CSC) or mutual funds course (IFIC)
- MPower desirable
What's on Offer
- Above market salary
- Bonus potential
- Health and Wellness programme
- Structured career development- mentor programme