You are here
Senior Development Manager - Construction & Design
- Senior Management Opportunity
- Join a Leading Global Retailer
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global retail brand. The organization has a significant presence in the Canadian market and due to current growth, the firm is looking to secure a senior management professional to join its construction, design and real estate function.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Utilize standard processes, tools and templates to manage and control projects (clear project scope, project plan, change control, coordination across functions, etc.). Track and manage key project milestones to ensure timely delivery by creating store specific project schedules and ensuring regular and accurate updates and escalation of risks from inception to mobilization on-site where the role shifts to support through to GO and post audit.
- Manage deliverables by external consultants to ensure quality standards, schedules and budget levels are being met.
- Coordinate the creation of the overall project budget and ROI based on the desired plans across all business areas and obtaining approvals by the Executive team.
- Ensure post audit findings are embedded in future project planning, LCs removed, handoff to maintenance at project GO.
- Lead internal meetings including core and extended internal business partners and/or consultant meetings, permitting presentations to approval agencies, and scope trips/site reconnaissance.
- Review for conflicts and dependencies, surface risks, and elevate issues to executive sponsor for resolution.
- Collaborate with internal multi-disciplinary teams, consultants and landlords/vendors in the resolution of issues related to project delivery, making technical and monetary trade off decisions where required to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery with a good customer experience.
Proactively keep all relevant stakeholders informed on progress and risks, ensure critical tasks are understood by necessary business leaders and escalate risks early.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Civil Engineering, MBA, and / or Building Design education preferred, with strong project management experience. Extensive knowledge of land use, zoning laws, municipal development/permitting and site planning process is essential.
- Expertise in business case creation
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) necessary to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines with varying technical and design expertise related to land development including but not limited to planning, engineering, architectural and construction.
- Familiar with space planning and retail operations and practices is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project
- Minimum College Certificate or Diploma required
Minimum 7-10 years of experience required
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits and bonus incentives.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.