You are here
Senior Business Data Analyst (Contract)
- Wealth Management
- Data Governance
About Our Client
Our client is one of the Big 5 Canadian Banks
- Update and maintain artefacts that comprise the Wealth Data "Business Information Model" including; The Business Model, Source Mapping to the Model, Data Definitions, Business Glossary and Data Quality Rules.
- Work with projects to understand data requirements, ensure the correct data is in the model to meet the needs and work to address any gaps.
- Use Data Profiling and SQL querying skills to analyze Book of Record (source) data to ensure a fit to the business needs of consuming projects and to identify any data quality gaps.
- Work with consuming projects to identify any remediation plans/actions to address data quality gaps.
- Identify any required data quality monitoring rules and related remediation actions and owners.
- Maintain and update the business meta-data (i.e. Business Information Model) in the required tools
- Work with technology partners to ensure technical meta-data and business meta-data are aligned.
- Work with and support projects during their SIT & BAT testing phases.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience working in data ware housing projects in financial services industry
- Experience documenting data mapping from source systems of record to target tables
- Solid understanding of data profiling and experience running SQL queries to explore, understand and analyze source systems data
- Strong communication skills required to:
- Interact with consuming projects to understand their requirements and how the data will be used
- Interact with business stakeholders to understand data entry and use of source systems
- Interact with technology teams and vendors to understand source system data models and anomalies
- Strong desire to analyze and learn the business and the data
- Strong problem solving skills to investigate and resolve issues and gaps in the data
- Experience with and knowledge of data modeling techniques and nomenclature
- Experience working in Wealth Management would be beneficial, but is not mandatory.
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate