You are here
Senior Business Architect
Capital Markets Operations Controls and Reconciliations
Global Wholesale Operations
About Our Client
A Leading Canadian Bank.
This lead position as a Senior Business Architect will be working as a member of a large program team and lead a special task force to redesign the operational key controls and work with the rest of the team to configure the platform to achieve the desired match results. The incumbent will work directly with the Global Wholesale Operations Utilities, other relevant areas in the Bank, Technology team and the vendor.
The position will lead a team of business analysts, and work with Technical system experts, technology solution architects in a complex program. The role is hands on and is responsible to lead the BA team and individually deliver:
* Conducting workshops, lead JAD sessions, conduct business process mapping (current and future state) , mapping out the new Operational environment along with the key controls and reconciliations
* Gathering requirements and documenting detailed business and system use cases to drive out the detailed functional requirements for the different applications
* Maintain a requirements traceability matrix to ensure resulting solution delivers the expected acceptance criteria
* Work closely with the Test Lead and Test team to define traceable Test Scenarios that confirm the requirements through multiple testing phases
* Support Global Operations Controls VP to ensure the resulting solution meets business requirements and business acceptance is achieved
* Work closely with the Strategy Execution / Change Management leads to ensure that the Business is ready for the change and the processes and solutions meet the acceptance criteria The Lead will develop and monitor product introduction metrics, SLAs and KPIs during the product rollout and transitions to the operational groups as part of post implementation activities.
- Act as the Lead Business SME for the Program, someone who understands the Capital Markets products and processes deeply and recommends relevant process changes, key controls and necessary reconciliations
- Full understanding of business practices and concepts of the relevant business areas within Capital Markets Global Wholesale Operations, particularly Securities, OTC and Cleared Derivatives and Commodities, Base and Precious Metals Business processes and relevant key controls
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to identify business priorities and recommends options.
* Conducting Business Process Discovery and Mapping. Produce process models and workflows, diagrams and provide input into data models.
* Develops and Conduct process validation strategy detailing to approach and methodology to be taken to validate processes prior to commercial introduction
* Owner of the business requirements documentation (as defined by the program methodology), Client acceptance criteria and requirements traceability
* Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client's business objectives and stated expectations
* Prepare cost estimates and proposals, design and develop solutions, and do quality assurance of the development process.
* Identifies, elicits, and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
* Assist in developing detailed functional requirements for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and the creation of reports
* Identify and resolve discrepancy between systems under development specifically with regards to systems integration requirements
* Develop and monitor product introduction metrics (KPIs) designed to measure the program objectives, during the product rollout and transitions to the operational groups as part of post implementation activities
The Successful Applicant
* Minimum 10 years of experience in lead capacity, leading Business Analysis or Business Systems Analysis teams in a global delivery multi-year complex program
* Experience as program level lead in major transformation initiatives in various Capital Markets domains, such as Securities, Commodities, Derivatives.
* Minimum of 8 - 10 years' experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle (Agile or Iterative methodology experience an asset).
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in business systems analysis including requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, business process mapping, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with business process re-design
- Experience and deep knowledge in at least one CM product line, i.e. Securities, OTC and Cleared Derivatives and Commodities, Base and Precious Metals Business processes and relevant key controls
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a business process that meets the expected outcomes within a major transformation initiative * Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of CM and the emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret and anticipate internal and external customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements * Demonstrated ability to lead the analysis on complex projects, managing changing requirements and interdependencies between multiple phases of the project * Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balancing deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects. * Demonstrated ability to lead a team of BA and/or BSAs, providing guidance and direction that is aligned with the program tasks and deliverables * Strong problem solving skills * Knowledge of Business Architecture concepts * Understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design * Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. * Effective analytical and planning skills.
What's on Offer
A Competitive Rate