You are here
Senior Application Security Engineer
Are you an Application Security Engineer?
Do you come from a development background?
About Our Client
A Leading Global Canadian FinTech.
- Work closely with portfolio personnel, stakeholders, and senior management to identify Information Security related risks and controls as well as secure development best practices for web and mobile applications.
- Evaluate and assess emerging security threats and vulnerabilities in our web application portfolio and work with portfolio personnel to identify appropriate design and development practices are being applied that provide adequate mitigation.
- Provide portfolio personnel guidance in understanding and responding to security incidents with appropriate stakeholders.
- Work as an Information/Application Security subject matter experts and provide expertise in regards to their support area or portfolio.
- Provide Information/Application security requirements advice and counsel to portfolio personnel, project teams, and the Business ensuring alignment to IS processes and solutions.
- Reviewing application security design / architecture for security controls throughout the lifecycle of an application (web and mobile)
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience as a programmer/developer in the area of web or mobile development with a deep understanding of SDLC frameworks/tools
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with specialization in Information Security or equivalent
- Information Security certification is encouraged e.g. CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC etc., but not mandatory.
- Experience gathering and reviewing application security requirements and working with development teams to provide Information security requirements advice and counsel, ensuring alignment to IS processes and solutions - must have
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package