You are here
Senior Amazon Web Services and Virtualization Specialist
- AWS, DevOps
- Python, Bash and other scripting languages
About Our Client
Our client is an award-winning company that operates in the sharing economy.
Excellent mix of Technologies, Engineering solutions and Software.
Very dynamic teams. Brand new processes. Brand new proejcts all the time.
Company is expanding.
The candidate will work closely with the development team on
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Using virtualization technologies to reduce manipulation errors, increase deployment speed and make the infrastructure more efficient.
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Developing tools and solutions, in collaboration with the engineering department, to increase the efficiency and reliability of the system / deployments / operations.
- Work together with engineering to put business intelligence tools in place, by exposing Cloudwatch and other data sources to a Grafana/Elastic Search architecture.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Writing deployment automation and monitoring software
The Successful Applicant
- Two or more years of hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS
- Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Have excellent working knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Have good knowledge of Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Be able to create applications to help automate deployment, including error handling, retries and reporting.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Passionate about software development in a full stack environment.
- Knowledge of automated build pipelines.
- Excellent oral and written English and French, other languages are a plus
- AWS certification a plus
What's on Offer
Excellent package, flexible environment, opportunities to grow and develop and grow in responsibilities.