You are here
Senior Accountant- Entertainment-Media
About Our Client
We focus within the advertisement and marketing industry.
Looking to expand our finance team based in the Toronto Office and reporting to the Finance Manager.
The Successful Applicant
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Contribute to the Canadian month end process.
- Accruals, prepayments, full balance sheet reconciliations, salary journals
- Preparation of reconciling schedules on monthly basis to support accounts
- Management of Fixed assets register and depreciation
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Manage payroll relationship with ADP
- Provide monthly reports to 3rd party tax accountant for HST filing.
- Maintaining ledgers using Xero, eventually migrating to SAP.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Sales invoicing and credit control.
- Respond to customers billing inquiries.
- Deposit customer checks in the bank.
- Manage relationships with agency and client finance teams
- Process monthly expenses via Concur
- Candidates should be willing to learn and grow.
- Must have an eye for and a comprehensive understanding of "the detail", but hold the ability to crystalize it into a coherent message or story
- Must be open, approachable and visible in his or her approach
- Must be a process champion ensuring financial and operational controls are followed
- Must have the ability to challenge and speak up where appropriate
- Must be adaptable with a "can do" attitude, prepared to get involved in areas outside the normal responsibilities
- Must be committed to learning and innovating, delivering new and interesting ways to report "the numbers"
- Must have strong excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, IFAND etc.)
- SAP Business 1 or similar ERP system is helpful.
- Regular interaction with non-financial staff through-out the business is essential and working within an advertising organisation is advantageous.
What's on Offer
Offer commendable with experience