You are here
Project Manager - Market Risk
About Our Client
Leading Financial Institution.
- Perform all standard project management functions including financial planning and control, task decomposition and execution, proactive risk and issue management, project health checks, verbal and written communication to Function (Risk) and IT, vendor management and team leading
- Manage multiple projects in parallel from large scale legacy retirement to smaller
- Adopt Iterative Waterfall and Agile methodologies and use them as a mechanism to improve the quality of deliverables, reduce project duration and mitigate risk
- Work with various stakeholders, LOB and vendors to scope, define, analyze, estimate, budget and oversee large scale IT project
- Develop, monitor and execute project plans and coordinate timely execution of major milestones, approvals, sign-offs and implementation. Coordinate release of deliverables to users
- Aggressively manage priorities and issues where conflicts arise; mediate and resolve project team conflicts
- Regularly report progress of project status, milestones, achievements and budgetary standing in both formal (e.g. Executive Steering Committee) and informal settings
- Communicate effectively with developers, database administrators, network analysts, systems analysts, senior management, project sponsors and business users
- In conjunction with business partners, develop and present project business cases to the appropriate approval committee
- Administer project modification/change control; obtain estimates of duration and price for changes to be approved by the steering committee responsible for the project
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Project finance planning experience
- Ideal skills are experience with capital markets (products knowledge is an asset)
- Must have experience in running Iterative Waterfall and Agile projects
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- PMP Certification
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package.