You are here
Project Manager - High Rise Residential
High Rise Residential
Defined Growth Path
About Our Client
Reporting to the VP, Development and Construction, this position is responsible for overall project planning, resourcing, scheduling, project accounting while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
The construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management, such as; Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management and coordinating with General Contractors, Architects, City and Consultants; managing the schedule and budgets throughout to maintain costs and quality of the projects.
Construction Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking project expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Project Manager's responsibility to oversee that the project estimates are thorough and complete.
- Ensure that the construction activities move according to the pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans/ schedule and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Track areas of deficiencies within the schedule and devise methods to correct the deficiency as required.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and site personnel.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Organize Project Sub-Contractor site meetings; including ensuring that meeting minutes will be taken and subsequently issued to the corresponding trades.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of assigned construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Negotiate and resolve issues as they arise across areas of the project and where they impact on other activities, systems and projects.
Contract Manager Responsibilities:
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Assist in determining if site staff is sufficient and source new people if required.
- Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Ensure that products specified in Schedules are installed, monitor substitutions approve them based on price and quality; ensure that Architects and Eng. firms on record have been made aware.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contractor's, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing, forming, etc.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Attend design and marketing meeting when required and source products and complete in pre-sales budgets.
- Develop scopes and schedules to suit contracts and work required.
- Work closely with estimating department to ensure all items necessary to complete any contract are included in scopes of service.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Order checks, bonds, letters of credit etc., as necessary for obtaining site development permits, and deliver them to the appropriate agency, ensuring accounting department is made aware of upcoming payments
- Maintain current records of all site plan approvals, approved graphics and engineering plans, permits, etc., per project
- Distribute up-to-date Engineering and Site Plan graphics to utilities, company staff, construction department, etc. and prepare a distribution sheet outlining the changes and dates of distribution
- Assist with selection of sales and marketing consultant and management of the sales and marketing process
- Proofread all printed and digital materials including but not limited to project website and marketing material
- Review and approve all billing invoices as related to the development process prior to submitting to accounting staff for payment
- Spot check the development throughout the construction process to assure that community concerns and any special site plan conditions are being met
The Successful Applicant
- Education: Technical diploma in a construction related field (CET) or Gold Seal certification is an asset, Engineering degree preferred
- Experience: 10 + years' experience in high rise construction. Low rise construction is an asset
- Able to lead a team and manage individual performance
- Lead and prioritize competing short and long term deadlines
- Build strong relationships with diverse internal and external groups, and work effectively and creatively in a collaborative manner
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work independently and make quick decisions using sound judgement
- Must have a strong attention for detail and be very organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks on multiple projects
- Able to manage time and costs to bring projects to a completion on time and under budget
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Good presentation skills
- Computer Skills: Sound knowledge MS Project, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office Suite
What's on Offer
- Clear and defined growth path
- Competitive salary
- Health and Dental benefits
- Additional car allowance
- Expense Account