You are here
Project Manager/ Engineer.
Project Manager / Engineer.
Immediate start - 12 month Fixed Term contract.
About Our Client
The client is a well-established growing 80 year old industrial products and services OEM business. They pride themselves on having best in class products and being customer centric.
The successful Project Manager /Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following skills set;
- Use standard project management concepts and tools to develop, maintain, execute and communicate project schedules.
- Use the project management tools to trigger invoicing and manage overall project cash flow.
- Ensure that the equipment (valve racks/control panels etc.) is properly tested
- Aim to identify and mitigate project risks when realized or encountered
- Travel to customer's and fabricator's location/site (locally and globally) when required. Travel requirements will vary depending on customer demand and stage of the project.
- Perform system start-ups at customer's site and support field personnel when required.
- Direct the Drafting Department with schedules for drawing deliverables.
- Direct the Purchasing Department and support staff to procure materials to fulfill project needs. Review procurement requisitions and proposals from vendors for technical accuracy, compliance with requirements and economic impact.
- Perform design & technical calculations required for the mechanical design, selection and specification of equipment that includes preparation of bill of materials proposed and sold by the Division.
- Champion quality control by maintaining company quality control (QC) standards, performing shop inspections, creating and reviewing QC documents
- A solid understanding and proficiency in interpreting and developing Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Generate project reports when required per project requirements.
- Review technical specifications and drawings from customers, along with engineering, procurement and construction documents (EPCs).
- Interface and give directions to Fabrication Shops and sub-vendors.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Engineer / Manager will have as a minimum;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Mechanical / Chemical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng)
- Minimum of 6 years project engineering / management experience.
- Must be flexible team player capable of performing in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Market leading salary.