You are here
Project Manager - Capital Markets
Project Management, PMP, FIX protocol
About Our Client
My client is enhancing the processes and tools used to perform Market Regulation with a focus on optimizing the technologies used to carry out surveillance of Equity and Debt Trading. The project consists of evaluating leading market regulation solutions through an RFP process. This senior role will lead the RFP proposal process including RFP analysis, proposal writing, contract negotiations and stakeholder presentations.
- Research and gather information for use in proposal development and vendor evaluation including research on respondent's solution, organization and competition
- Coordinate and participate in authoring and reviewing of documents including RFP documents, evaluation and selection materials, and contractual materials
- Work with the relevant business areas on defining needs, addressing issues, and ensuring requirements are being met through the implementation
- Oversee all aspects of project management, working closely with the Executive Management, the Project Management Office and other internal project stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Facilitate Executive Steering Committee meetings with senior leaders and key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, to ensure positive tracking against project milestones and financial and other metrics, ensuring the project will be completed on time and within budget.
- Manage and coordinate third-party vendors for delivery/enhancements of solutions including the coordination of activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Procurement Experience for large systems integrator initiatives, from RFP through to selection, implementation, and vendor management is required
- An understanding of appropriate, efficient and effective vendor selection processes used in competitive procurements required
- Comprehensive knowledge of functional and non-functional requirements elicitation and definition techniques
- Experience in and ability to work effectively with legal counsel in creating complete sets of RFP documentation and service agreements
- Strong writing skills with a high degree of focus on organization, and conciseness, clarity and appropriateness of language
- Finance skills, and ability to analyze and provide evaluations of respondent pricing proposals
- Exemplary communication, facilitation, interpersonal and listening skills; experience successfully supporting diverse groups by learning and understanding their needs and objectives; experience establishing credibility and working-relationships at all levels of the organization; solid sense of confidentiality and discretion
- Highly analytical, with strong leadership, consulting and problem solving abilities. Ability and dedication to perform effective post-mortems to find ways to stop problems from repeatedly occurring
- An understanding of Canadian capital markets, asset classes, exchanges and ATS's would be an asset
- Knowledge of capital market surveillance systems solutions would be an asset
- Knowledge or experience with data analytics and management, advanced data visualization tools would be an asset
- Project management expertise in accordance with industry standards and best practices, including Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology
What's on Offer