You are here
Insurance industry experience preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known Insurance Company with offices in Canada and around the world.
We currently have an opportunity in our Scarborough location office (moving to Markham in May) for a Senior Manager/ Program Manager which will report to the AVP EPMO and Agile Center of Excellence. Below is the Organizational Reporting Layer:
CEO-> CIO-> IT VP Transformation, Change and Strategy -> AVP EPMO and Agile Center of Excellence
Direct Reports: Jr. PM, PCO and PA.
Purpose of the role is to:
- Develop the Program Management Capabilities
- Groom the Jr. Project Managers , Project Controllers (PCO), Project Coordinators (PCO) and Project Admin (PA)
- Develop the EPMO Practice.
Execute Projects and Program with Excellence:
- Ontime Delivery,
- Budget adherence and
- Delivery of Business Benefits for which the Program has initiated.
- Work closely with Business and IT Leads and their respective teams in the organization to identify, assess, influence, and execute the transformation.
- Responsible for Governance and Processes effectiveness, Risk Mitigations, Program Benefits assurance, Program Procurement, and Performance Metrics.
- Define and decompose Programs into a Customer meaningful and manageable projects
- Deliver Projects in Agile environment
- Implement Agile Metrics
- Manage BAU Kanban Boards
- Manage Interdependencies and Risk
Build EPMO Practice:
- Build Enterprise Processes , Methodologies and Standards in line with the best practices
- Build Tools and Templates to be proliferated across the enterprise
- Build Program Lifecycle Methodologies
- Implement Governance Model and Benefit Realization Models
- Ensure Enterprise Adoption and incorporate feedback
- Implement Metrics and KPIs to measure progress and Early Warning Indicators Track and monitor the value delivered
- Coach the Jr. PMs, Project Admins, Project Coordinators and Project Controllers.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
The successful candidate will have Program Competencies as per below:
- Experience in handling Multi-Stakeholder, Multi-Million$ Strategic Programs
- Demonstrated ability to formulate Program along with its Constituent Projects- Program Lifecycle Management
- Ability to manage external Vendors
- Ability to create and convince leadership of the Robust Business Case Potentials
- Proven abilities to track and realize business benefits
- Ability to transform the troubled programs
- Ability to manage Project Components in Truly Agile world. Proven ability to increase team velocity and throughput
- Insurance (Must Have)
- Financial Services
- Financial Acumen
- Worked on Digital Programs
- Keen sense for Data and Information
- KPIs , Metrics driven
- Strong Knowledge in toolsets like JIRA, HP PPM etc.
- Coaching Style of Leadership
- Advanced Communication abilities
- Strategic Thinking
- Sense of Ownership
- Team Management Skills
Education and Certification:
- PgMP: Program Management Professional
- PMP: Must
- Agile Exposure/Certification: Must
- Lean Six Sigma: Asset
- MBA/Professional Degrees
The Successful Applicant
What's on Offer