You are here
About Our Client
My client is a worldwide wholesaler of fasteners, dowels, chemicals, electronic and electromechanical components, furniture and construction fittings, tools, machines, installation material, automotive hardware, inventory management, storage and retrieval systems.
- Create return-on-investment analyses
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to customers and non-customers
- Carry out all pre-launch activities, including: samples, product testing, legal requirements and approvals etc.
- Source new suppliers
- Assist the Quality Control Coordinator with new supplier audits
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Identify key competitor and consumer trends
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- General maintenance and management of existing product range(s)
- Ongoing improvement of price list, descriptions, product hierarchies, classifications and overall product information quality
- Provide the sales teams with necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. Such as: printed and electronic promotional material, product training, sales tools and relevant market/competitor information.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related inquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues in various departments to address any issues that may arise.
- Maintain technical and market knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Assist with the development of the annual marketing plan, promotions and sales aids in accordance with the annual marketing plan.
The Successful Applicant
- College Diploma or higher in information technology, mechanical, engineering
- 4-7 years of experience in similar role
- Trained in use of computer system, Excel, Word
- Related Product, Market and/or industry knowledge
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with utilizing available marketing processes
- Familiarity and skilled in products, market segments and applications
- Effective communication and customer management skills
- Ability to teach/train
- Creative thinking
- Familiarity with products, market segments and applications
- Sourcing & Negotiation skills
- Effective communication and customer and supplier management skills
- Ability to remain objective in stressful situations.
- Business acumen
- You will be based in Western Ontario
What's on Offer
- Uncapped growth
- $60-75K + Bonus
- Opportunity to change product line as you see fit