You are here
Food and Beverage
About Our Client
The Plant Manager is accountable and responsible for plant operating performance and continuous improvement toward evolving customer, operational and financial objectives. The successful Plant Manager will develop individuals and teams and integrate manufacturing, process engineering, purchasing, planning, logistics, inventory, quality, and maintenance to achieve those objectives. Your ability to optimize labor, material, equipment, technology, and related processes with low-volume, high-mix customers is important to our combined success. This position reports to the President.
- Plan, organize and direct functional teams to meet cost, quality and customer delivery targets.
- Empower, develop, and reward teams and individuals toward "world class" performance and execution.
- Organize and maintain all functional areas for safe, efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure that equipment, staffing, materials, process capabilities, tooling and instructions will sustain manufacturing and distribution excellence through seasonal demand fluctuations.
- Prepare an extended, temporary workforce for busy season duties with visual cues and training materials.
- Monitor planned production versus actual results; take corrective and preventative action as needed to meet planned performance and production schedules.
- Drive profitability and maximize through-put with analysis of operational metrics and attention to corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Hold people accountable for consistent application of operating processes and procedures.
- Put an effective preventative maintenance program in place to minimize equipment downtime.
- Fluent in support of fundamental core Lean principles (TPM, 5S, DMAIC, continuous improvement, etc.), and demonstrated proficiency in implementation.
- Achieve rock-solid manufacturing performance.
- Responsible for ongoing improvements in production efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree (BA) in chemical, mechanical engineering or other related field.
- Highly organized with ability to work well with customers, employees, management, and vendors.
Knowledge of good business practices associated with the production of food grade products.
Proficient with system process controls.
Excellent teamwork skills are required to coordinate all areas of business at the plant and corporate levels.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, production schedules, and legal documents.
Effectively present information to upper management, employees and groups.
Effectively develop budgets and forecasts.
What's on Offer
Very competitive package, salary will commensurate with experience