You are here
Greater Toronto Area
About Our Client
A manufacturing organization that specializes in the plastic packaging industry.
- Lead a plant staff of approximately hourly and salaried employees in a culture focused on quality, food safety and health & safety.
- Oversee and direct daily plant operations including production, planning and scheduling ensuring proper distribution of work, staffing, and supplies for efficient performance of duties.
- Maintain a cost effective plant through careful allocation of resources and effective project management.
- Build and maintain an effective team through coaching, mentoring and disciplining of staff, while upholding the company culture and procedures.
- Continuously improve operations by reducing waste, maximizing profit, minimizing cost, and providing support to ensure that objectives are met.
- Employ a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Thorough use of key metrics and operations data, delivers results for production, cost and quality.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of production data, scheduling and allocation of direct and indirect labour to achieve production standards.
- Manage weekly metric reports to monitor production performance against standards and total capacity; analyse data and plan adjustments.
- Joint responsibility with the company departments for continuous improvement by identify and lead continuous improvement activities associated with operation consolidation, standard work instructions to simplify work and reduce costs.
- Clear understanding of all manufacturing operations, cost implications and efficiency requirements to ensure business continuity.
- Daily monitoring and supervision of the production department and all related employees.
- Drive leadership coaching and development.
- Lead and motivate the plant team to meet operational goals and objectives utilizing lean sigma tools for continuous improvement in cost, quality and delivery.
- Liaise with Supervisors to ensure production goals are attained communicating status of daily operations; coach and encourage workers on tasks; communicates updates about ongoing projects.
- Lead corrective action implementation for re-occurring non-conformances of product.
- Identify training requirements and ensure training of employees to meet job expectations and procedure requirements.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of records to ensure compliance with applicable requirements, regulations and codes.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Business Administration or Operations Management with Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Minimum five years' experience managing medium sized manufacturing plants with emphasis in production management and demonstrated progression through various levels of management and responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of ERP and MES systems and deployments or comparable programs.
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement principles and programs including engagement and implementation of these initiatives using Value Added approach.
- Inventory Management Scheduling, Planning and Supply Chain expertise.
- Well-versed in measuring and implementing manufacturing processes based on the basics - throughput, waste and downtime - in an environment where health and safety, food safety and quality are of key importance.
- A dynamic and floor plant leader, adept at building winning teams, who can provide guidance and direction.
- Technical strength in machinery processes a definite asset.
What's on Offer
An excellent package on offer.