You are here
Materials Planning Manager
- Materials Manager
About Our Client
A global automotive manufacturing leader.
Reporting to the site lead, the successful candidate will develop, implement, and direct programs for demand planning and requirements forecasting, material planning and ordering, logistics flow, and in house material handling.
Assists the Materials & Logistics Manager in leading materials functions at the plant including the demand planning and forecasting, material release from suppliers, material expediting, traffic and logistics operations.
- Closely monitor and manager Vendors or Suppliers delivery methods or requirements and receive information to any occurrences of interrupted delivery schedules and premium freight.
- Ensure timely delivery of all finished goods as per customer requirements, and meet customer delivery performance rating criteria.
- Effectively manage materials to minimize obsolescence expense including active management of ECO material disposition plans and effectively dates.
- Facilitate continuous improvement activities within the materials organization.
- Identify needs and champion development / maintenance of the plant material information systems.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities such as 8D investigations, interfacing with other plant departments on a continuous basis.
- Assist in evaluation of employee suggestions and implementation of approved ideas.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an manufacturing / automotive environment / electronics industry. It is essential that the chosen candidate will have strong industry knowledge of Materials Management.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing best practices.
- Proven ability to build and lead a high functioning team.Strong industry knowledge of Materials Management and Lean Manufacturing best practices.
- Strong industry knowledge of Materials Management and Lean Manufacturing best practices
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and understand complex business processes from a high level while being able to validate the processes at the detail level.
- Understanding of or experience in defining IT requirements.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience in Share Point and Crystal Report writing would be an asset.
What's on Offer
Excellent package for the successful Materials Planning Manager.