You are here
Manager, Software Engineering
Do you have experience leading or growing a web-app engineering team?
Are you a constant learner, who thrives in a dynamic environment?
About Our Client
Our client is a leading cloud-based software firm.
You'll build robust server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, and reliability. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch and enjoy participating in the open source community.
- Continuously improving your leadership and coding skills while working alongside a talented and high performing engineering team
- Collaborating with design and product teams to understand and document feature requirements
- Writing clear, concise technical documentation that your teammates will trust
- Being responsible for leading discussions on use cases for new technologies and contributing to a constant dialogue on ways to improve our client's codebase and engineering practices
The Successful Applicant
- Experience growing, coaching and leading an engineering team
- 5+ years experience with Java, or other server side languages and the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end.
- Proficiency building and managing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of or prior experience with microservices architecture
- Committed to providing support for more junior members of the team and developing cooperative working relationships
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, and helped grow our team
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package (Base + Bonus + Options)