You are here
Maintenance Team Lead
Greater Toronto Area
- Global Organization
- Leadership Opportunity
About Our Client
Global automotive manufacturing organization.
- Performs supervisory duties/responsibilities in the absence of the Maintenance Manager / Group Leader.
- Coordinates the Maintenance Department for the repair of machinery or equipment, as required to ensure the most efficient flow of production with the least possible downtime.
- Ensures department meets or exceeds prescribed standards in order to meet Customer requirements..
- Performs general techniques and practices of troubleshooting, as well as maintenance as necessary.
- Administers and executes the preventative maintenance program.
- Schedules routine maintenance to ensure the most efficient flow of production with the least possible downtime.
- Utilizes Lean Principles to standardize processes and methods, reduce process variation, identify
waste and methodically eliminate waste.
- Works with production scheduler to schedule repairs.
- Maintains maintenance logs as required.
- Conducts final safety approval of repaired equipment where necessary.
- Assists in controlling maintenance inventory of components required for department.
- Ensures effective use of the organization's Escalation process.
- Ensures work area / the Maintenance department is kept clean, tidy and in safe working condition at all times as well as Maintenance employees leave workstations neat and tidy when troubleshooting / repairing all equipment.
- Ensure that all maintenance personnel follow company safety policies and wear proper PPE as required.
- Full compliance with all administrative requirements within the organization as well as compliance with current customer standards and procedures / quality programs and Environmental Management Systems Standards.
- Investigates / Reports all incidents or accidents that may cause damage or injury.
- Observes/Enforces all Federal/Provincial Regulations including standards for safe working conditions as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as Policies and Procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Participates / encourages participation in Continuous Improvement / Suggestion Programs.
- Attends / ensures maintenance personnel attend all scheduled training/meetings and or train employees, bringing forward any questions at that time or to his/her Group Leader/Designee as well as keep records of such training.
- Perform other assignments as requested by management from time to time as well as making Manager / Group Leader / Designee aware of problems/slowdown in work area so can be assigned further duties to personnel or self.
The Successful Applicant
- A valid technical certificate or equivalent
- 5 plus year of related experience
- Solid electrical knowledge
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- General knowledge of blueprint reading
- Experience in a manufacturing environment which includes stamping and assembly.
- Must have Toolbox/Tools to carry out Lead Hand tasks
- Good command of the English language both verbal, written and the ability to communicate to the customer.
What's on Offer
An excellent package on offer. (overtime opportunity, full benefits, RRSP matching, profit sharing)