You are here
About Our Client
The client is a well-established market leader in the plastics consumer products sector based in Etobicoke.
The company is in investment mode and has invested significant amount of money in CAPEX and in their processes and in their equipment on the plant.
The Engineering Maintenance Manager is a part of the senior management team of the site. Someone who is integral in the current and future success for the plant.
The successful Engineering and Maintenance Manager will have examples of where they have taken a company from Reactive Maintenance Culture to Planned Preventive Maintenance.
Typical task and responsibilities are below;
- Day to Day direct supervision of a group of Craftsmen, labors, and Maintenance Planner, involved in repairing and maintaining all equipment in a Bag Manufacturing Facility including building facility, HVAC, Chillers and Air compressors.
- Input to the long term work plans and budge for the facility.
- Input, Preparation, Updating, and follow up of work schedule for all craftsman
- Input to, and application of best practice work methods and procedures for trades group
- Key management representative responsible for providing safe, timely and efficient repairs.
- Application of engineering standards and government codes in trades.
- Daily monitoring and purchase of maintenance materials, supplies, tools, equipment including spare part inventory in an efficient manor.
- Technical trouble-shooting and problem solving of equipment failures; recommendation/initiation of corrective measures when appropriate/required
- Day-to-Day application of plant safety practice and maintenance safety and compliance program.
- Participate in the preparation of emergency and contingency plans.
- Preparation of training, scheduling, and monitoring of on-the-job training and instruction to craftsmen and labors.
- Recommendation to management for improvements and/or corrective action.
- Maintenance of a working climate conductive to harmonious labor relation.
- Coordination of temporary outside contractors for maintenance.
- When necessary assist Engineering on Capital projects with either installation and/or commissioning
- Manage the preventive maintenance program helping move the organization from a reactive maintenance to preventive/predictive maintenance organization.
- Overall responsibilities to help spot opportunities for CI
The Successful Applicant
The successful Engineering and Maintenance Manager will have as a minimum;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably in mechanical, preferably a PENG.
- Or a time served Engineer who is qualified by experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance management experience in a high volume manufacturing.
- Must be flexible team player capable of performing in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
Enjoys coaching and developing people
What's on Offer
Market leading salary for the successful candidate.