You are here
- North American leader in home improvement is one of the fastest growing
- Seeking Director of HR to have organization-wide responsibility for HR function
About Our Client
North American leader in home improvement and is among the fastest growing firms in our industry. We are a diversified group, supplying a vast array of innovative products throughout Canada and the United States as well as operating Canada's largest B2B and B2C home installations' company.
Canada's largest B2B and B2C home installations' company. Each year we help thousands of home owners renovate, beautify and add value to their homes. We also are an important and rapidly growing supplier to Canada's largest insurance companies, helping thousands of policy holders restore homes damaged by extreme weather events.
The Director of Human Resources will have organization-wide responsibility for the Human Resources function and will provide active leadership to continue to build and shape the organizational culture. The Director of Human Resources will be accountable for the strategic leadership and management of Human Resources for the Peak Group and for the delivery of a full range of human resource services including: recruitment, training and development, staff orientation, performance management, policies and procedures, compensation plans, and succession planning.
- Oversee recruitment including implementing new and innovative ways of attracting top talent;
- Ensure compliance with all Labor Law and Health and Safety regulations;
- Execute performance review process;
- Design and execute Human Resource programs such as training and development, new hire orientation, performance management and employee recognition in a way that supports the organization's competitiveness;
- Perform and coordinate policy reviews and analysis including developing and implementing new policies;
- Design and implement compensation plans at various levels;
- Provide direction to all levels of employees for Human Resource related issues;
- Drive corporate culture that benefits performance;
- Oversee training and coaching for performance management, team building and conflict resolution.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and must be very comfortable moving between strategy and "hands on" execution. You will have implemented Human Resource programs and led organizational change management. With exceptional people skills, you will have a track record of working with a senior leadership team to build an organizational culture that is engaged, passionate, professional and performance based.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources with a focus on best practices and change management;
- CHRP designation is ideal;
- A university degree or alternative post-secondary education such as a certificate in human resources management;
- Strong leader with a demonstrated passion for exceptional customer service, building partnerships and sustaining cooperative working relationships with all levels of the organization;
- Solid experience in talent recruitment and retention, and succession planning;
- Experience in the development and management of compensation and benefit programs;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Able to balance multiple priorities and projects while delivering continuous improvement initiatives;
- Experience with building performance management tools and systems;
- Experience sourcing and facilitating employee training and development programs;
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity and transparency at all times. Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgment.
What's on Offer
Great package and great company