You are here
Global Senior Commodity Manager ( I.T.Services)
Global Senior Commodity Manager
Global Senior Commodity Manager
About Our Client
Global Manufacturing business with sites in North York and in the GTA.
The Corporate Commodity Management team is seeking an effective procurement and people leader to partner with internal stakeholders to support the effective procurement for IT services, both software,hardware and outsourcing services at the business. Specific sub-categories within scope include: Cloud,Saas/Enterprise Application Software, Infrastructure Software etc (specifically with Oracle/Microsoft//SAP/Ariba/IBM/).
Guided by procurement process and policy and supporting global, regional and site objectives, incumbents will manage this commodity globally. More specifically, the incumbent will:
- Responsible to drive value from all strategic vendors; reducing IT related costs while improving/adding value to the organization. Develop Category strategy, negotiate complex contract (including reviewing, drafting, redlining) from receipt of contract from the vendor through to deal closure subject to final approval by in-house counsel.
- Lead stakeholders through the entire procurement process from first engagement of the vendor, RFQ, through competition and negotiation, to an operational contract.
- Interact regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
- Identify future procurement projects to management by working collaboratively with stakeholders and through category strategy. Co-develop and execute Sourcing Strategies with the Business, advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
The environment in which the incumbent will operate is cross-functional, complex and fast-moving. As such, a high degree of judgment and independence is required to develop solutions and resolve unusual challenges. Cross-functional relationships where persuasive skills, negotiation skills, and tact is required to gain support for effective procurement. The incumbent will maintains positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers who have impact on Celestica's success.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years' procurement experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing complex IT contracts and relationships, both with contract commercials and with the business of IT including experience with outsourcing vendor contracts including experience with negotiating terms, SLA's, invoicing and dispute management. Likewise, experience working with major vendors such as SAP, MS, and Oracle is also required.
- Strong business acumen with ability to create and analyze cost benefit analysis proposals and advise business leaders, finance and procurement on strengths of various
- Excellent negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- Strong analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Strong excel macros a plus, advance d MS Word and Excel skills a requirement
- SAP experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to interface with many international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation.
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- E-procurement tool experience is an asset
- Experience working with, communicating to C-Suite executives
- Project management experience
- Industry and / or commodity experience
- Procurement IT experience (hardware and software)
- "As a Service" or Cloud agreement negotiations experience
Typical Education and Designations:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or procurement
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation
What's on Offer
Market leading package and development from a global market leading business.