You are here
Global Program Manager
- Global Tier 1 Organization
- Global Programs
About Our Client
A leading tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization. A world-class full service supplier providing stamped, profile, cast and forged hinge systems for all applications including door, hood, trunk, lift gate/deck-lid and sliding doors and closure checking, assist and power devices.
- Support Director, Group BD to establish & implement group strategy- short, mid & long term.
- Manage core Program Management team to ensure smooth functioning of global programs.
- Develop resource plan & review with management team to support new / premature divisions pro-actively or to support successful launch of global program(s), as required.
- Establish guidelines, processes & procedures to ensure smooth functioning of global programs till program transfer (hand-off) to division.
- Manage Program kick off meeting & assign tasks to relevant team members for all global programs.
- Review program OIL on periodic basis. Raise flag to relevant management team member at appropriate time based on gap / variance analysis.
- Support and Train divisional program management team (globally), as needed.
- Champion of 'design for manufacturing' & Provides on going design input for conducting manufacturing feasibility and Customer requirements.
- Manage TGW/TGR activities at group level to ensure awareness of issues at working level team.
- Coordinates purchased components kick off and approval for relevant assigned programs.
- Oversee kick off and approval of new/modified tooling / gauges check fixtures for relevant assigned programs.
- Participate in the specification, sourcing and negotiations of assembly and tooling contracts for program along with Process Engineering for relevant assigned programs.
- Interface with Quality Department and oversees the preparation of PPAP documentation and review submissions.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have Engineering degree, diploma or equivalent experience / background.
- B.A. in project management stream / P.M.P. is an asset.
- Minimum 8+ years of auto industry experience with 5+ years of program management experience is a must.
- Must be able to read and fully interpret Engineering Drawings and Standards (Applicable GD&T knowledge preferred).
- Intermediate computer skills in Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Microsoft Project, Internet, Flowcharts, and an understanding of Databases, CAD, software.
- High level of organizational skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interact with outside customers, suppliers, and all levels of employees internally.
What's on Offer
An excellent package on offer.