You are here
Gas Trader - East & West markets.
- Cash trading and scheduling of East & West markets.
- Applications sought from candidates with 5-7 years' experience in a similar role
About Our Client
- Successful and expanding business based in downtown Calgary.
Our client an established business operating in downtown Calgary now accepting applications for a Marketing Analyst. The ideal candidate will have experience covering both East and West markets. This opportunity allows the successful candidate the ability to both trade and schedule your own market. To be considered for this role you will have a minimum of 5 years related experience in a similar position. You will be joining a high performing team who will provide support and guidance initially. The candidate needs to be solution driven with the ability to work independently and lend market knowledge and advice to a busy and expanding team.
Our client hires career focused candidates who have a bulk of varied experiences and knowledge with an outgoing, positive personality.
The core responsibilities for this role include:
- Cash trading and scheduling for both East and West markets
- Manage IT and firm pipeline transportation service (i.e) A/BC border, Foothills, GTN, PGE and TCPL mainline.
- Review and track any potential outages or cuts (/BC border, Foothills, GTN, PGE and TCPL mainline.)
- Maintain historical pricing for sales points in California and Dawn market areas.
- Monitor and review action required on east and west pipes.
- Continuous monitoring and review of California and Dawn markets.
- Attend shipper task force meetings for both West and East pipelines.
- Review and monitor invoicing for Foothills, GTN, PGE and TCPL mainline.
- Required to work 1 weekend in 5.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated in Business, Economics, Commerce.
- Excellent communicator (written & verbal).
- Ability and experience to be able to work on own initiative when required or part of a team.
- Multi-tasking and time management abilities.
- Willing to learn and take feedback on board.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and handle pressure accordingly.
- Detail orientated.
- MS Excel / Word skills.
- Ability to work 1 weekend in 5.
- Dawn market experience advantageous.
What's on Offer
- Very competitive salary that will reflect candidate experience & the scope and responsibility of the job.
- Bonus, paid annually.
- Health / Dental / Optical cover.
- Huge scope for career progression and an opportunity to learn from an experienced team.