You are here
Full Stack Engineer (Contract)
- Online Brokerage
- Agile Project
About Our Client
Our client is one of the Big 5 Canadian Banks
- Our client's team is flexible and fast - you will be asked to write quality code and provide leadership, mentorship and peer-review on a daily basis.
- You will design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
- You should be ready to roll up your sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
- You need to be agile: we are expected to be scrappy in our execution with an eye towards long term code manageability - you excel at finding solutions in that space.
- You are passionate for well-designed products and you're not afraid to sit with our Design or Architecture Teams to white-board your ideas
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with, at a minimum, Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- Solid knowledge of developing multi-tier Web applications, Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented techniques
- High aptitude for diving in unchartered areas and picking up new things, but also ability to reverse-engineer and integrate with older systems
- Strong working experience and knowledge in (but not limited to) the following technologies
- Java frameworks: Spring, Log4j, JCS and JUnit
- UI development: HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, ReactJS, Redux,Angular2, Bootstrap and Mocha
- Integration technology: JSON, XML, RESTful and SOAP services
- Tools: NPM, Webpack, Babel , Junit, Maven, Eclipse, SVN, GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins
- Application servers: JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere
- Database development: SQL and NoSQL databases
- Test automation and deployment: Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, REST assured
- Strong technical and analytical, problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- In-depth knowledge in performance analysis and tuning on web, UI and web service tiers.
- Capable of thinking "out of the box" or being stretched with respect to creative expression
- Ability to learn new tools and concepts at a rapid pace
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- Excellent oral communication and written skills, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- Start-up mentality
- Good team player in an agile environment
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate, long term Contract