You are here
FRTB Consultant- Capital Markets
- Fundamental Review of the Trading Book Project
- Capital Markets (Contract)
About Our Client
A Leading Global Canadian Bank
After a struggle of some years, the FRTB was finalised in January. Now, the implementation race begins. The clue is in the name - it is a fundamental overhaul of the existing market risk capital rules, which were always intended to be a 'quick fix' for problems that emerged during the financial crisis. Unlike those rules, the FRTB is intended for the long term, so the industry will be living with this framework for some time to come. It overhauls the standardised approach to market risk, forcing big banks to calculate and report it for the first time, radically alters the way that modelling approval is granted and policed, replaces value-at-risk (VAR) with expected shortfall (ES) as the standard risk measure, redefines the boundary between banking and trading books, and affects many other areas that require data management solutions.
The Successful Applicant
* FRTB knowledge is required.
* Experience with various other Dodd Frank Regulatory projects required.
* Capital Markets Risk Management experience required.
* Either Project, Program or Business Analysis experience required.
What's on Offer
A Competitive Rate.