You are here
About Our Client
Our client is a mid sized construction company located in North York, Ontario.
The Financial Controller will oversee the finance & accounting department within the organization of approximately three individuals and report directly into the CEO and Executive Committee. The Controller will have a broad range of responsibilities, inclusive but not limited to the following.
- Financial reporting on a monthly quarterly\annual basis and presenting results to the executive management teams
- Cash management
- Work with the executive committee to define and implement financial strategy
- Establish and tighten internal controls and policies
- Extensive project accounting inclusive of WIP reporting, budget v. variance analysis, holdbacks and rolling cash forecasting
- Continuous mentoring and training of more junior staff
- Maintain relationships with external parties (legal, banks, audit)
- Manage group benefits, insurance, leases etc.
The Successful Applicant
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must possess the following skill set:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA,CMA or CA accepted)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a managerial capacity
- Minimum 5 years experience within the construction industry and proven experience working with operational departments (project management and estimation)
- Proven experience handling relationships with financial institutions
- Sage 300 experience preferred
What's on Offer
The opportunity to be a finance lead for a growing organization while earning a competitive compensation package!