You are here
About Our Client
Our Client is a privately owned frozen food company specializing in private label manufacturing of frozen dough, appetizers, bakery and dessert items for both retail and food service customers. With construction already underway and plans to open its doors on a new 100,000+ SQFT plant later this year, the organization is seeking an experienced Plant Engineer to build and lead a team that drives mechanical integrity, safety, and operational efficiencies. This position reports directly to the General Manager, and will have several direct reports, including a maintenance manager with a team of maintenance technicians and ammonia refrigeration powerhouse operators.
- Develop / Maintain Preventive Maintenance Program
- Interview, recommend for hire and train associates for the department
- Manage and implement safe work practices (Hot Work, Contractor Safety, Electrical Safety, Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout, Working from Heights, Job Safety Analysis)
- Drive compliance with all safety and quality directives and regulations.
- Assign repair and project work over two shifts. Maintain repair logs for all machinery and analyze and propose corrective actions as needed. Oversee maintenance of property/grounds
- Develop and maintain parts inventory
- Maintain repair logs for all machinery and analyze and propose corrective actions as needed.
- Participate in the design and development of new or modified machines. Proactively propose and drive new ideas/projects/methods to business and operations.
- Participate in the Safety & Emergency Response Committee.
- Oversee commissioning and startup of new equipment.
- Work with plant teams and project management teams to resolve outstanding issues.
- Develop relationships with machine and service vendors such that they deliver what the business requires from a cost, quality, scope, and schedule point of view.
- Provide accurate and on-time support to factory operations with effective (quality, cost and on-time) and sustainable solutions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering [mechanical, industrial, chemical or similar]
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Food or Beverage Industry.
- Familiarity and experience with ammonia refrigeration systems.
- 24-7 support mentality of plant issues/emergencies
- Strong technical as well as leadership capabilities that can speak to influencing, facilitation and communicating with various groups.
- Strength in visualizing complete projects at the conceptual stage.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to help the customer and add value to the business.
- Candidate must aspire to deliver on-time, on-cost and at-the-quality within their scope of responsibility.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and goal oriented capable of operating alone or in multi discipline groups, with minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
What's on Offer
Very competitive package, salary will commensurate with experience