You are here
Director of operations
CA$125,000 - CA$160,000
Leading Packaging manufacturer in the GTA
Looking for ambitious, driven leader to joing their team
About Our Client
Market Leading Packaging business in the GTA
- Manages plant maintenance and the production of processing and packaging solutions.
- Interfaces with plant management on engineering, financial, quality, EHS, sales, human resources, and inventory issues.
- Work with support departments to ensure that all area production methods and practices are consistent with internal quality standards.
- Lead the production teams in developing and implementing effective systems for improving internal quality, cost improvements and on-time delivery.
- Support a zero injury culture by pro-actively complying with all environmental safe practices and regulations.
- Support the plant by actively participating in the Operational Excellence program. Manage projects using Leadership Lean Principles and Standard Work.
The Successful Applicant
- Implemented Operational Excellence tools to improve productivity & reliability while maintaining or reducing operator headcount.
- Developed staffing strategies which have led to increased retention.
- The incumbent needs to have an excellent understanding of manufacturing including the ability to see broad business issues and be able to develop and execute plans towards objectives.
- Demonstrated experience and comprehension of P&L, Balance Sheet, Cost Accounting, Cash Flow, Capital Management, and Budgeting concepts
- 8 - 10 years' of progressive experience in production / operations management.
- 2 - 3 years' experience at Production Manager or Plant Superintendent level required. Management in organization encompassing three (3) shifts preferred
- Outstanding oral, written communication abilities and presentation skills.
- Should possess a good problem solving ability (5Why/5M/Quick Kaizen) in process and project troubleshooting while remaining calm and even tempered under pressure so as to maintain a clear perspective of the overall objectives.
What's on Offer
My client is offering salary commensurate with years of experience.
Salary Range 125,000 - 160,000