You are here
Director of Manufacturing
Greater Toronto Area
CA$11,000 - CA$125,000
About Our Client
A leading Canadian owned Packaging Company with over 400 employees in seven divisions serving Canada, U.S. and International markets
- Ensure that a safe environment is maintained and that safety is reinforced through measures, adherence to established policies and procedures, and compliance with legislation
- Promote Quality, as it relates to products as well as adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to production staff to ensure there is a customer centric focus and continuous improvement
- Lead and promote a LEAN manufacturing into processes.
- Streamline processes and work flow to continually improve plant performance
- Establish and maintain performance metrics to measure plant performance
- Develop staffing/training plan to ensure there is a properly trained workforce
- Develop, monitor and ensure budgets are adhered to.
- Select the appropriate capital equipment as needed, create business case, and then oversee purchase, installation, and start-up.
- Manage long-term strategic plans and tactical implementation of production systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Post-Secondary education in Business and/or Engineering
- LEAN manufacturing
- Strong leadership and communication skills; able to build good relationships with employees, suppliers and customers.
- In-depth knowledge of OHSA and WSIA as well as environmental regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
- Strong organizational, time management, delegation and decision-making skills.
What's on Offer
An excellent package on offer.