You are here
Director, Accounting Ops and Statutory Reporting
Statutory, and Management Reporting
About Our Client
This role contributes to the FG's overall business results by supporting critical finance reporting functions of FG, but does not have specific direct financial measures associated with it.This role has direct impact on the CEO and CFO's requirement to provide accurate financial reporting and statements to shareholders. It also has direct impact on the businesses by providing them with efficient, consistent, accurate, relevant, and timely financial reports that help achieve business results.
A. Statutory and Management Reporting
- Accountable for oversight of the statutory and management for the Bank to ensure all reporting processes are completed effectively, efficiently, and appropriately including:
Develop/maintain framework to manage accounting risk and incorporate new developments in accounting standards/regulatory reporting to incorporate best practice financial reporting and create competitive advantage.
Work in partnership with LOB`s to help optimize structuring of new initiatives, assess and manage accounting risk implications, etc.
- Work with regulators in relation to the statutory and regulatory returns related to risk on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
C. Relationship Management & Service Level Agreements
- Identify, assess, and prioritize partner/client strategic direction and needs in order to effectively match financial, statutory,and management reporting service offerings to those needs within the strategic relationship management framework set by the VP and Chief Accountant.
D. Managerial Leadership
- Provide managerial leadership to employees, which includes assigning tasks and work, holding regular two-way meetings, setting context, conducting performance evaluations, mentoring, and coaching in order to create and maintain a high-performing team.
E. Change and Innovation
- Participate in other groups' system change projects by attending meetings to provide input regarding impact to Statutory & Management Reporting group systems or processes and\/or advice as a subject matter expert.
The Successful Applicant
- One of more the following: CA, MBA, Masters in Accounting/Finance
- General knowledge of SOX and GAAP requirements, impacts to the businesses within the Bank
- 10+ years of experience in Finance industry
- Able to apply designation/education and financial experience in a financial services organization
- Deep understanding of the functions as outlined and of related industry best practices
- Broad understanding of financial management, including people management
- 3-5 years experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- Expert understanding of functions' roles and inter-relationships
- Expert understanding of reporting functions
- Expert knowledge of LAN based software including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
What's on Offer
Being a brand new team, this person will have the ability to mold and shape the direction of the group, based on the needs of the bank. Really looking for someone to come in with strong motivation and an open mind to help drive team success. Lots of visibility to other teams and potential to grow within the bank.