You are here
Deputy Director - Engineering
- Deputy Director - Engineering
- Deputy Director - Engineering
About Our Client
Sanofi Pasteur is a market leader in the R&D and Manufacture of vaccines.
The Deputy Director Facility Systems is the important role in the Technical Services department on our Sanofi Pasteur site, who will provide management and leadership of the Reliability and Maintenance platform by directing the relationships and processes for execution of the Maintenance department vision. This position ensures that repair, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance of the facility and its equipment, meets the regulatory requirements through reliability and maintenace design and execution, with the goal of minimal operational interruptions to our customers. This position also plays a key role in development and implementation of the Maintenance strategic vision, driving consistency of the Manufacturing Maintenance Teams, partnership with other platforms in Technical Services Department as well as other interval clients on site to reach the goal of a First Class service organization.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute Maintenance department vision, by providing leadership and direction of its personnel, tracking regulatory changes, understanding department responsibilities, and then adjusting the operation accordingly.
- Ensure efficient and effective operation by creating a proactive environment, developing & monitoring metrics, regularly communicating with end users and maintenance personnel, managing the Manufacturing Maintenance budget, and providing processes that utilize Maintenance Best Practices.
- Provide people and team development for increased company value and personal satisfaction. Work with department teams to ensure success and encourage collaboration and networking across all functions. Utilize Performance Management tools to recognize high performers and coach low performers.
- Drive consistency across the Manufacturing Maintenance Teams to ensure processes and department priorities are aligned. Network with other Maintenance platforms to leverage the resources of the department and provide "First Class Service" to all of our customers.
- Develop a strong Maintenance Safety Culture that encourages taking the right amount of time to perform each task safely
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and good documentation practices are followed to track all work and make data analysis efficient
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum University degree in a relevant Engineering discipline. Candidates possessing a Master level degree in a relevant engineering discipline are preferred.
- Minimum (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in large scale biotech or pharmaceutical environment, including at least eight (8) years managing maintenance and reliability personnel with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Full understanding of compliance requirement in maintenance activities in the highly regulated industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance and possesses a good understanding of all trades. Practical experiences in Six Sigma Lean TPM process and projects.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills. Ability to actively, and cooperatively work with cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- P. Eng. Certification, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and process engineering experience are strong assets.
What's on Offer
Excellent benefits and package are available for the successful candidate.