You are here
Construction Senior Project Manager
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Project Manager - Big Box Retail Projects
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known General Contractor based in the west GTA. Due to continued project volume, they are looking to add an experience Project Manager to the team.
- Provide overall construction management for large or multiple corporate projects including design, budget and schedule in conjunction with the Field Supervisor and Project Coordinator.
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate billing direction and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings working closely with Construction Operations Manager and Finance Team.
- Work with key stakeholders (corporate clients, designers, architects, etc) in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company always considering the client perspective.
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project's cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate and maintain a positive cash flow - submit reports to finance to support rollup reporting on time.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the team's ongoing progression and solve complex construction problems
- Submit project and cost reports to key stakeholders and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk that need to be escalated
The Successful Applicant
- Degree/diploma and 5 years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience (construction mgmt., technical skills, PMP preferred)
- You have experience in project planning, budget management and reporting, scheduling, project and client management
- Retail construction experience
- You have managed projects with a value upwards of a million dollars
- Ability to strategically organize a project and lead a team, while developing and maintaining strong client relations
- The Construction Project Manager will be able to resolve disputes and effectively manage and inspire work teams
- You should be a self-starter with an excellent attitude who shows initiative
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in construction and finance software
What's on Offer
- Offer is commensurate with experience