You are here
CA$120,000 - CA$145,000
- Chief Estimator - ICI Construction
- Chief Estimator - General Contractor
About Our Client
Our client is a leading General Contractor with a high profile. Due to recent growth, they are looking to identify a Chief Estimator to join the team.
- Planning & Scheduling: Establishes and/or works with established priorities and develops and implement a comprehensive schedule ensuring accurate sequencing and resource allocation to meet strategic project goals.
- Pricing & Quantity Take Off: Expert knowledge and ability to accurately prepare quantity take offs for all 16 divisions of work and establish relevant pricing for identified quantities. Able to develop strong conceptual estimating skills - able to foresee issues and understand the big picture and what implications if any there are to the project.
- Risk Management: Upon the review and coordination of drawings and specifications, proactively analyzes possible risks (i.e. schedule) identifying laps and gaps, with recommended solutions. Promptly escalates all issues, questions, and concerns to the Chief Estimator.
- Budgeting & Costing: Prepares preliminary budgets and provides ongoing costing assistance identifying potential cost savings opportunities for Eastern and/or the client as required.
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management
- 10 Years Industry Experience
- Proficient knowledge of construction practices, materials and methods
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, On Screen Takeoff, Pro Contractor, and Timberline to effectively and accurately prepare quantity take off's, estimates and budgets.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract documents, shop drawings, and specifications as they relate to Eastern, the client and all subcontractors including scope of work, exclusions, clauses, and limitations
- Maintain files and documentation in a highly organized manner. Ability to react to changing priorities with a sense of urgency in order to meet project deadlines.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy and pays close attention to detail when calculating quantities and estimates ensuring all sections have been thoroughly reviewed and accounted for.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
What's on Offer
- Commensurate with experience