You are here
Business Systems Analyst Equity and Fixed Income
- Equity and Fixed Income
- Capital Markets
About Our Client
A Major Leading Canadian Bank.
- Provides prioritization, direction and leadership to staff in order to accomplish project and general maintenance requests. Coaches team members on best practices, resolution management and effective communication. Provides feedback to team members both formally and informally.
- Identifies areas where new technologies can be leveraged to create enhanced customer service or improve operational efficiencies. Initiates steps to improve deficient areas.
- As a business architect, may perform analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Works with investment management, trading, and operations users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Ensures the creation of proper training materials and business documentation.
The Successful Applicant
Previous management experience preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, and business knowledge. Excellent technical understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and investment business processes.
- Proven ability to maximize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, clients and groups that may blend technical and non-technical participants.
- Strong project management and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent understanding of systems development lifecycle.
- In-depth technical and functional understanding of order management, trading and investment operations applications and processes. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Understanding the investment process around a broad range of security types. This includes but not limited to currency derivatives, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, factor bonds and other structured products, interest rate and credit derivatives, stocks, futures and options.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package