You are here
Business Development Manager - Transportation & Logistics
- B2B Sales Management
- Transportation & Logistics
About Our Client
Our client is a Toronto-based provider of freight and logistics solutions to a wide range of markets throughout North America. They are an established business with an aggressive growth model that is focused on expanding market share by providing industry-leading service.
The Manager of Business Development will manage customer expectations, relay commercial information to internal operations teams, and expand the revenue generation of key accounts. The role will also be responsible for developing relationships and work opportunities with new clients by direct sales hunting methods.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and pursue new sales opportunities through a creative approach to business development
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, so as to fully understand the capabilities of the operations team and the needs of the client
- Define new and creative marketing strategies
- Uncover market information by engaging with clients to identify areas of opportunity or improvement. Relay this information with operations team.
- Contribute the bids/proposal process
- Schedule, plan and attend various marketing events and trade shows
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the transportation and/or logistics industries
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a b2b sales or business development role
- Advanced customer service and complex sales skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Developed network of decision makers within our client's target market is considered an asset
What's on Offer
Our client provides a competitive remuneration package that includes a strong base salary, bonus incentive plan, health and dental plan and other attractive perks. In addition, the successful candidate will join an industry leading organization with a culture of vertical growth and internal development.