You are here
Business Development Manager - Automotive Parts Distribution
B2B Sales Territory Management Opportunity
Automotive Parts Distribution
About Our Client
Vast-Auto Distribution is a leader in the distribution and marketing of automotive parts for auto stores across Eastern Canada. Vast-Auto's banners include Auto Value, Mister Muffler, Auto Mecano and OCTO Auto Service Plus. Vast-Auto provides their customers with a comprehensive business solution offering that includes a wide range of quality parts, innovative marketing programs, and an industry leading business management system. Vast-Auto Distribution's six centers cover nearly 400,000 square feet and employ over 250 people.
The Business Development Manager will represent Vast-Auto in Southwestern Ontario to their members, customers and prospective customers. The Business Development Manager will not have team management responsibility but will be the key point of contact and commercial leader for the Southwestern Ontario Territory. Specific roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Create and roll-out of a strategic approach to market. This will require a thorough understanding of competitor activity and current market trends within the market
- Prospect, engage and secure new clientele while also expanding and building existing client relationships
- Drive sales through Auto Value membership sign-ups
- Build and maintain customer information database for the Southwestern Ontario territory
- Work in collaboration with multiple internal departments to share real-time market information and voice of the customer with a focus on a team-based approach to territory and business growth
- Ensure regular visits to existing and potential customer accounts within the territory.
- Take a leadership role in promotion activities in collaboration with Vast-Auto's marketing department.
- Stay informed on the evolution of market, product changes, new technologies and competition within Southwestern Ontario. Proactively identify areas of growth and improvement.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience selling in a b2b capacity within the automotive parts industry
- Established network with automotive part suppliers and retail businesses throughout Southwestern Ontario
- Proven sales experience within the automotive parts distribution industry
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to generate revenue and improve sales margins in an autonomous outside sales environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field
- Ideal candidate location is London, Ontario
What's on Offer
Our client will provide the successful candidate for the Business Development Manager position with a competitive remuneration package. This will include a generous base salary, attainable variable compensation plan, health and dental benefits, etc. In addition, the successful candidate will join a growing organization that provides industry-leading training and has a culture of organic career progression.