You are here
Business Analyst, Capital Markets
About Our Client
Our client in the Banking industry is currently looking for a Business Analyst in their downtown Toronto location.
- Gather, analyze, validate and manage project requirements
- Work closely with technology to gather requirements / use cases and functional design
- Produce clear requirements documents using a structured analysis methodology
- Liaise with relevant project stakeholders within the technology teams across MSST
- Support the technical leads in planning, tracking and executions of the Risk Strategy roadmap and deliverables across all the different risk project groups
- Manage and report on the project progress using the standard templates available
- Communicate and ensure adherence of the risk strategy across all the project groups
- 5+ years' experience in Business Analysis (requirements gathering and validation, specification development, data analysis and execution)
- 5+ years' experience in project planning, tracking, delivery and reporting
- 5+ years of total IT experience, Financial markets product knowledge which includes knowledge of front-to-back trade flows processing and broad range of investment banking products and trade lifecycles
- Experience of working as BA / PM in front office function is preferred
- Knowledge of Front Office risk management is preferred
The Successful Applicant
- Initiative - candidates should be capable of picking up tasks and then delivering with minimal supervision.
- Analytical Skills - should be able to work with large data set and come up with use cases, scenarios and workflows.
- Adaptability - willing to be applied to a variety of tasks within the team.
- Flexibility - capable of progressing on multiple tasks simultaneously, and switching between tasks as priorities change.
- Team oriented - as the team is relatively small, openness, communication and cooperation are considered essential qualities.
- Structured & methodical - the risk environment is a critical component of the firm's regulatory compliance offering and as such demonstrable process is important. The candidate must be comfortable working in a structured environment.
- Motivated - a high performing team requires its members to work hard in an often pressured environment.
What's on Offer