As a job seeker in today's marketplace, temporary work offers you an alternative to a permanent position, allowi
ng you to advance your career in a flexible way, suited to your personal circumstances.
Many people now choose to work exclusively in temp roles. If you are looking for a career change, why not consider working in temporary positions?
Benefits of temping
- Exposure to different types of products offered
- The ability to work in a variety of industries, or focus your sector
- Greater exposure to different types of management styles and clients
- Opportunity to broaden or deepen your skill base
What is temporary work?
Different industries refer to temping in different ways; often it is also referred to as 'freelancing'. In general terms, a temporary worker is someone who is engaged by a company on a non-fixed term basis. The temporary worker's salary is usually calculated on an hourly or daily rate and is paid through the Page Personnel/ PageGroup payroll. No notice period is required to terminate temporary assignments by either party.
Companies engage people on a temporary basis for many reasons including the following:
- To cover for maternity leave or other absences
- During particularly busy periods of the year.
- Assistance with special projects
- To analyze a temporary worker's performance with a view to permanent employment
How to stay in work
Professionalism and the maintenance of excellent relations with your consultant and our clients are the crucial factors to ensure a steady stream of temping jobs. Continue to update your resume with newly-acquired experience and skills learned in your different temp positions.